Lowyat Media Group is looking for a diligent Accounts Clerk (Credit Control) to be responsible for billing clients. The Accounts Clerk (Credit Control) duties include updating clients’ details, creating and sending invoices to clients, tracking payments, and reporting irregularities to the immediate supervisor. You should also be able to resolve billing errors professionally.
To be successful as an Accounts Clerk (Credit Control), you will know how to ensure that accounts balance, manage accounts to recover outstanding debts and fix billing discrepancies. A top-notch invoice clerk should have a strong work ethic and demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills.
● Ensuring that client information details are kept up-to-date.
● Creating and sending invoices and statements to customers.
● Checking the data input to ensure the accuracy of the final bill.
● Tracking payments and ensuring that the cash flow into the company is buoyant.
● Reporting issues or irregularities to the financial head of the company.
● Fixing billing errors by issuing debit and credit memos.
● Liaising with the logistics department and ensuring that goods are dispatched on time.
● Recovering outstanding debts.
● Handling client’s account queries.
● Initiating new procedures for billing.
● A high school diploma or STPM.
● At least two years of clerical office or administration experience.
● An associate’s degree in accounting is preferred.
● Experience as an invoice clerk or in general accounting is preferred.
● Proficiency in MS Office, Google Sheets (especially Excel)
● Excellent mathematics and problem-solving skills.
● The ability to consistently meet deadlines and to work well under pressure.
● Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
● The ability to handle customer queries calmly.
● The ability to work independently or as part of a team.
● Prior experience in the advertising media industry is a plus.